Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Release!

Aha! I just needed to complain enough and get the frustration out enough to see the big picture solution. Rather than going line item by line item, I went with the big bucket. No utilities are in Budget A. They are all supposed to be coming out of Budget B. Move all utilities expenses to Budget B. I used more job specific language with my husband and ended up having to explain it like this:

There is a bucket of fruit in the garage. Rather than picking up each piece of fruit and trying to figure out where it came from, how it got there and where to put it, I just picked up the whole bucket of fruit and took it to the kitchen.

And now, I can hear the music playing again and enjoy it. I have even caught myself singing along! Much, much less stressed! Now, I'm off to conquer the training schedule for our new copiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment