Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cookies by Candlelight

My daughter and I participated in Earth Hour tonight. Being 3yrs old, light is pretty important to her. She got really upset at first when I dimmed the lights that she was playing by but the treat of running around with two flashlights and a lantern made her happy again. I lit candles all over the house and coaxed her away from the computer games on Nick Jr. We made chocolate milk by the refrigerator light and got some iced tea for me. We snuggled up on the couch together and ate chocolate Madeline's and black & white cookies from Starbucks. The light from the lantern looked like the moon on the ceiling. We talked about all the fun things we got to do today -- Circus School, the trip to Claire's for sparkly and shiny things, coloring, riding the big wheel, playing computer games, reading books, playing dress up. She is such a girl.

Now, we didn't get Earth Hour quite right because when we were done chatting, we watched King of the Hill on TV. She says to me, "Mommy, he needs better skills" regarding Dale Gribble on the show. Sometimes, she is too smart.

Anyhow, she's laying down in bed, my bed. She's still talking... a lot. I really wish she'd be quiet and go to sleep. I'm exhausted.

I never managed my nap today. She got a nap. Her daddy got a nap. When I finally laid down, my sister called 10m after I fell asleep. Then I got up and cleaned house some. Then I tried to lay down again. And 10m later, Bitty needed Mucinex. Rather than ask her dad where it was, she came up and banged on my door. Then the neighbor's dog started barking. Then lots of sirens went by. Then she came upstairs and stood in her room, which shares a wall with ours, and screamed for her daddy. He was in the basement. She was on the 2nd floor with me. Grrr... I got to lay down, but no actual napping. Now, she's just talking and talking.

Tomorrow, we need to make a trip to the library again. We have lots of books to return and we should check out some new ones.

I'm getting a sore throat. I'm all hoarse. I would really like the weather to level out so I can't not get sick again.

Hmmm... I must be tired too as I am just rambling... I'm doing the same thing that she is doing, only in my blog instead of out loud.

G'nite All!

3 comments:

  1. If you're all hoarse, I'm sure Bitty is pleased. She probably would love a pony.


    (Groan.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groan is right! Blech! =P


    However the puns were one of the reasons that I loved Spider Robinson and introduced them to my husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyaverymush. I will be here all week. Be sure to tip your wait staff.

    ReplyDelete