Thursday, April 2, 2009

Burn Out

It has been harder and harder to get out of bed each morning. Today was really bad. My honey just called me on the phone to ask how I am doing. "Pleh," was my answer.

My desk is scattered with paper. I usually keep lots of paper on my desk, in three different piles. There is one pile currently and then everything else is just strewn about my desk. I am checking voicemails the next day. I'll handle the things as they come up but really my basic attitude right now is "I don't wanna!"

I've hit burn out. We've accomplished so much this past year. I haven't had a vacation in over a year. I've had time off -- for the flu, a day or two here and there -- but no vacation. I am completely unmotivated.

Mom is coming in mid-May so I'll have some time off then. End of May is the family fishing trip. June is the road trip to NJ to see Dad. Mid-May seems so far away. I know that I can't get away with 6 weeks of Pleh and no motivation.

I need some tips, some hints on how to push through burn out and make it to vacation time. Help me out here!

3 comments:

  1. Fire somebody! That should perk you right up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I'm about ready to! One of our contractors just did something incredibly unprofessional and I'm just astounded. Absolutely floored. Anyhow, can't talk about that here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you could tell me that?

    Seriously, the only way I get through is just breaking it down. OK, I have to get through to noon. Alright, 3pm, halfway there. OK, 6pm, 3/4 done.

    If you try to swallow the whole time period, you'll choke on it. Just get through this week, then get through next week.

    ReplyDelete